Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today I went to Target

My friend and I took a trip to the Target greeting card aisle to purchase cards. She had occasions but I did not, so I searched for them, and turns out, there are greeting cards that can actually produce occasions for you.

I found a "You can do it" card for my brothers job interview.
A "Sorry your heart is broken"-esque card for a best friend.
A pretty blank card for the parents to include photos in so they know I'm thinking of them.
And an "I miss you" card for a friend far away.

A group member told me she usually buys cards at least once a week. At first I thought "no way, how many birthdays could you possibly have in a week?!" Then I realized greeting cards can and should be for more than just "occasions". They should be a sentiment, just because. You should be able to walk down a greeting card aisle and find occasions that you didn't you had. hope our cards do just that :)

PS- "Driver Numero Uno", your post on Bright Eyes- First Day of My Life was ingenious. I completely agree, that song is sheer poetry and any card that could capture it's emotion is one worth mass production and mass consumption :)