Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thanks, NIHA 89.  Just wanted to add that "First Day of My Life" is the way I think a greeting card should look and feel, as well as sound (well at least one of the ways; there's lots of different cards and lots of different us's).  The images, tone, and portrayal of an ideal and emotion are just loverly and simply nice; it's sunshine (it surely is).  Plus, is there a greater Gen Y lyric out there than "...but I'd rather be working for a paycheck than waiting to win the lottery... ?"  When I write a card, I try to be soaring, anthemic, like Bruce Springsteen playing "Born to Run" in a sold out Giants' Stadium in Jersey, but in the end, I know it means so much more (and I personally buy cards like this) if that card feels like someone holding my hand and reading the Sunday comics to me on a morning perfect in the little things.

Now off to see Hot Tub Time Machine, which greeting cards (or anything else ever really) should also be like.